Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Omicron Zeta Sigma (OZS) Chapter is now accepting applications for the 2022 Omicron Zeta Sigma Chapter Scholarship. This Scholarship application is open to all young men graduating from a Prince William County high schools in June 2022. Last year, we awarded $8,000 in scholarships.
The application and each of its components must be completed, submitted, and received by April 30, 2022. Each candidate must submit, in addition to the signed Personal Data forms, his:
- “Secondary School Transcript” documenting the cumulative grade point average (GPA) through the 2020 – 2021 (11th grade) school year.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from high school personnel and one (1) letter of recommendation from someone who can attest to the applicant’s community service involvement.
- Provie a five-hundred (500) word essay (12 pt, Times New Roman, double-spaced) on one of the following topics:
- How have Black men positivey impacted the world? What impact have you made in your community?
- Share your personal biography (i.e., Howe has your background influenced your future aspirations? What is your potential college major and career, and why?)
- Reflect on your personal and academic journey and share. (i.e., How have you changed from Freshman year? How have community service, academic goals, and/or jobs impacted your academic goals and achievements)?
- What are some positive and negative impacts that technology ha had on teh education system? (i.e., transitioning from in-person to virtual learning, use of cell phones)
- One (1) official (photocopy is acceptable) letter of acceptance/admittance from the chosen college or university.
Students’ applications for the 2022 Omicron Zeta Sigma Scholarship will be assessed using the following Standards for Selection:
- Community Service: Participation throughout high school reflects a motivation to serve and meaningful contributions to the community.
- Leadership Roles: Examples of executive leadership positions in school, community, and athletic organizations.
- Honors and Awards: Significant international, national, state, regional, community, and school-based recognitions.
- Extracurricular Activities: Breadth and quality of activities based on hours-per-week commitment and the years involved.
- Essay: Written response with a quality thesis statement, supporting details, grammar usage, conclusion, and adherence to essay format requirements.
Select applicants will be invited to participate in a virtual interview process taking place on May 14, 2022. The scholarship recipient(s) will be notified by phone or email no later than May 22, 2022.
If you have any questions please contact the Omicron Zeta Sigma Chapter Scholarship Committee by e-mail: email@example.com.
Click the button below to complete your scholarship application online! For an offline (PDF) version of the application, click here.